Hey everyone!! The Nail Polish Wars/Elixir Lacquers office is getting a major revamp, so I thought I'd show you how the room is progressing!!!
I knew I wanted a really fun accent wall that wasn't too bold in color, and since I love chevron ...
1. I used two 12"x12" pieces of scrapbook paper taped together and stenciled my chevron pattern on the wall. Then I used painter's tape to line out the design.
2. I chose a pale grey semi gloss paint and carefully painted inside the tape lines.
3. I removed the painter's tape, and decided I wanted something softer than basic white to go with the grey.
4. I taped inside the grey lines to protect the paint.
5. I chose a soft cream flat paint (so that the design would have two different finishes) and carefully painted inside the paint lines.
6. I removed the tape and chose a fun light teal for the rest of the room to really make the chevron pop!!
I really love the way these colors work together! And I'm beyond crazy about my chevron wall! If you're wondering why this corner is empty, you'll be wowed with it very soon!!!!! *Squeee*
My signed Sean Dietrich prints are most definitely my favorite accent pieces, so I knew I wanted them stationed just above the polish station. My husband even put up a little shelf for my "To Swatch" polishes, and found me this amazing glossy metal polish station table, which will have some accents added to it soon!!!!
I haven't made up my mind on the window dressings yet, but I love how much natural light comes through.
My 40 year old butterflies have found their new home in this corner. (Kiba seems to be lurking about in the foyer!!)
I adore this lamp to pieces, but my husband has alway despised it ... until he saw it in this room!!! That accent table will be getting a fun steampunk style upcycle done soon!!! Yay!
So, that's where I'm at right now!! I can't wait for you all to see the finished room - especially the final major piece!!! It's going to be amazing!!!!!!